Monday, March 17, 2008

2 days 2 runs

I did it. I ran Staurday and Sunday for a total of 8 miles. It felt good to be back on the open road. I had new tunes and that helped to make each run a bit easier. I have found that the first mile or two are always the most difficult. There is a point that I reach where I am able to just keep moving forward without really realizing it. My mind begins to wander and I just have some time to think.

I know for certain that it is this "time to think" that gets me out for a run each time. I can't say that the excercise part is truthfully the motivating factor. I hope to become healthier as a product of this marathon endeavor, but that is not the reason that I get out and accomplish each run. It is the personal challenge. It is doing something I have never done before every single weekend as I add a mile to my long runs.


So, I am glad to be back to running. No excuses. Find the time. Just do it. I have two more runs scheduled this week and a long run (6miles) this weekend. (my longest to date has been only 5 miles) I will be in the DC area this weekend and I am looking forward to my longest run yet in a new location with new scenery. Just look at all the places my Nikes are taking me...thanks to my family and friends for following me.

Quote for week 11: There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results. (Art Turock)

1 comment:

Liz Gill said...

My favorite part of this is the alone time, too. Being truly alone with nothing but the open road is what I find most therapeutic about this whole thing. I don't think I would be able to fully appreciate this before I became a mama. Can't wait to hear about you DC run. Plan your long one there - GREAT scenery!