Friday, May 2, 2008

It is Official, but still no running

I made it official! On April 30th I signed up for the USMC marathon. The funniest part about it to me (besides the fact that I am signed up for a marathon) is that I have not gone for a run in 2 weeks. Please do not give up on me though because I have not given up. I am merely trying to order my life so that running will fit back into it.

We put the house on the market next Friday. We still have a few things left to do, but the bulk of the work is already completed. I am exhausted. Now that we have our house ready to sell, I have been focusing on where we will live next. The plan is to rent a home in Wilmington, NC for a year until we have a better idea as to where we will be "long" term. Long term is of course a relative term when in the military. We think that we may only be in NC for a year, but nothing is for certain. Nothing at all is for certain and we just have a pile of What Ifs and Maybes that we must try to plan for and around.

Right now I am starting to wonder what I have taken on this year. Why did I select this year to be the marathon goal year. Of course it wasn't like this was a life long dream or anything, it just kind of happened and here I am trying to figure out how to meet this challenge during a year that will include a move. Up to this point things seemed to be going quite well. The month of June brings the 20 weeks before the marathon mark and I will really have to buckle down and make the training runs happen--no matter what.

So, sadly my friends I do not have anything new to report with regards to running. My goals for the month of April have slipped away and now I must try to capture some in May. June will be here before I know it. I have my new non-runner's trainer book by my bedside and it is calling to me and reminding me that what I am putting off now will be painful when I start the schedule in June. I started this training and I will finish it. I need to get some motivation back. I haven't given up. I won't give up.

Quote for the week:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move.
--Matthew 17:20

1 comment:

Kabukidoo Kel said...

Nanci-

Don't worry girl, I'm smack dab in the midst of a move too. Our packout date is June 10-12th and we will be in a hotel for five days before flying back to MD (15+ hours) where we then become homeless! Just keep on running. At least it will help clear your thoughts and give you more energy for the move ahead.

I too am debating between and using both Galloway and the Non-Runner's Guide. I still haven't decided which one to use so see you are ahead of me!

Kelcey