Monday, October 6, 2008

The New Kids, No 18 miler, and Track the Runner

This will be a short blog because I did not end up running the 18 miles that I had previously scheduled for last Saturday. After thinking about it and heeding the advice of others I decided to put it off until this Saturday. The reason being was that I attended the New Kids on the Block concert Thursday evening! After driving up the day of the concert and then getting up the next morning and driving right back to North Carolina I was exhausted and in no shape to run my longest distance to date. I did however complete a short run of 7.5 miles.

The New Kids concert was definitely worth the sacrifice of pushing my somewhat dreaded upcoming longest run to the next weekend. Not much else to tell except that I had the most amazing time and "the kids" put on a fantastic show. I stood there looking around in disbelief! It will be a great memory.

Now on to what all of you will be truly interested in which is Tracking the Runner. Yes, that is correct you can sign up to have text messages sent directly to your phone as I cross different markers on race day. If you are interested:
http://www.marinemarathon.com/race_info/Results/remote_runner_tracking.htm

Many of you have asked about meeting me at the finish line (Thanks for the tremendous support in even believing that I can get to it!) and below is a link to a page that provides tips for spectators.

http://www.marinemarathon.com/race_info/spectators.htm

Well, that about does it for this entry. I will be sure to let you know how Saturday goes...after I recover! I am so excited that it is October and that the countdown to the marathon is truly almost complete!

Quote for Week 3:
The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.

3 comments:

Lori said...

You are officiall going to be tracked!! Can't wait!

Also can't get "Full Grown Man" out of my head...darn its catchy beat!

Lori said...

Okay...one more thing...I TAGGED you on my blog!!

Also...now I can't get "Lights, Camera, Action" out! Those sure are addictive tunes!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs.Weinstein!! GUESS WHAT?
this is so cool!!
ok...so you know the marathon you're running in?! well....Mr. O'Hara (annemarie's dad) is running that same one!! so you may see them all!! isnt that cool?! Just wanted to let you know!
Love
Olivia