Monday, January 21, 2008

Dreams Really Do Come True

(This post was written on Friday January 18, 2008)

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

Well, our week here in Disney World has ended and it was truly a magical week. Watching Grace Anne delight in all things Disney has been simply wonderful. David and I commented to each other that the memories created during our trip are those that we will bring up for many years in to the future. It is sometimes hard to believe that we are old enough to share Disney with our daughter. Walt certainly was a forward thinking man and his world is a very special place.

As for the marathon training…my original goal was to get in 3-4 runs. I was able to complete three runs and miles and miles of walking. We opened and closed the park of the day and on some days we even hit two parks. I know that I walked at least 26.2 miles in just the first two days!!

Disney World truly was a perfect place for me to be during my second week of training. This is what I learned…

Dreams really do come true.
I can continue marathon training even while on vacation.
I can walk all day long, stand for 3 hours without a break, and follow that up with more walking. Repeat this cycle for 7 days straight!
Many people run marathons and most of them look like your everyday sort of person not athletes.
Experiencing true joy is the most fulfilling of all life’s experiences.

---Thanks Walt for for having the confidence to pursue your dreams.


Now that I am back at home I must focus once again on my training. It is hard to beleive that the first month of training will come to an end here in just 10 days. Soon one month will be down and just 9 more to go.

Quote for Week Three:
Somehow, I can't believe there are any heights that can't be scaled by a someone who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."

1 comment:

stacey bahr said...

Nanci,

Wow, you go girl, 5:00a.m., WOW! I love the "Eye of the Tiger!" The whole Rockey sound-track is pretty good! Love the updates!

Stacey Bahr