Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week One is DONE!

(This post was written on January 9, 2008)

“You have just completed week one of your marathon training, what are you going to do next?”

“I’m going to Disney World!”

Yes, it is true. I am following in the footsteps of other great athletes upon completion of a great milestone in their careers. This Friday I will arrive in Orlando, Florida and spend 8 days in the world that Walt built. I started planning this vacation about 10 months ago, long before the marathon challenge. I will just have to fit marathon training into my Disney World trip.

I figure that I will be able to get in at least 3-4 runs during the week not to mention all of the walking and more walking and standing in line that we will be doing. I certainly will not be sedentary over the next week. I have our itinerary all planned out for each day (can you say TypeA? Oh, and I am happy to share any tips or a schedule to follow on a trip to Disney) and in the last few weeks I added in time for some runs. It will require getting up very early on some mornings, but this marathon challenge is all about discipline, right? True discipline is doing something when you really do not feel like doing it. I am going to become very good friends with this discipline thing between today and October.


So, in just a couple of days, I am off to the happiest place on Earth and I cannot wait! It is the place where dreams and wishes come true. Is there a better place for me to spend my second week of training? I think not, my friends….hey haven’t I earned it!
To finish a marathon is my dream for this year and I am determined to make it come true.


Quote for Week Two:
All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
-Walt Disney

No comments: