I do believe that my schedule worries are now a thing of the past! I joined a gym today and although I prefer runs that take place outdoors I also have to admit the following:
1. It is hard to get out there and give a training run your all at 7 or 8 at night.
2. I am not a morning person which means waking up at 4:45am to start a 5am run is not what I call even a possibility.
3. I LOVE having my run for the day completed more than I prefer running outside.
4. I detest running in the heat and HUMIDITY!!!!! It makes something that is already difficult simply painful! I dread the run and I don't reap as many rewards because of the humidity.
Okay so that brings me to my new gym membership. I have never been a member of a gym quite so shall I say "posh". I completed my run today in the "Cardio Get Away" room. It is a room where the lights are very low and there are many different cardio machines (of course my choice for now is the treadmill) with like minded people burning away calories and stress at the same time. Who knew? I LOVED it. It was such a fabulous experience...did I just say that about running? Yes!
I know, I know, that the "newness" will wear off, but for now I am excited and motivated. I cannot explain how my heart sang when I looked at the clock and thought to myself 'I am done with my training run and it is 9:30am!'
I must also give some accolades to my dear little Rebecca. I was so nervous about leaving her in the childcare because she does not always take easily to new caregivers. She was a champ today and without any tears took on a new toddler play area. I did not even have to bring in her beloved and nearly falling apart lamb chop to calm her nerves. I was so relieved to be able to workout knowing she was enjoying herself.
So, tomorrow is another day and another training run is planned. My cardio "Get Away" room awaits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment